The Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce is your voice in Menifee and as an active and strategic Chamber partner you will be able to share in its growth and development. Membership in the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce provides businesses with a platform for effectively developing strong relationships with other businesses.
Menifee Union School District: serves over 9500 students from preschool age through grade eight at 9 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and one preschool campus. Click on the Schools link on this website to learn more about each of our schools.
Elementary and middle school level education in Menifee is provided by the Menifee Union School District and Romoland School District, which serves most of Menifee as well as parts of the City of Lake Elsinore and the other newly incorporated city of Wildomar, and French Valley (northeast of the cities Temecula & Murrieta). Students in the high school level attend school in the Perris Union High School District, which includes Paloma Valley High School in Menifee. In 2007,Heritage High School was added to serve the Romoland/Menifee area.
Menifee is also home to Mt. San Jacinto College, Menifee Valley Campus which serves the Temecula, Murrieta and Menifee areas. Students are able to take the classes necessary in order to transfer to four-year college institutions. The community college also has a nursing program for those wanting to become Registered Nurses. Brandman University, which is part of the Chapman University System, has opened on the Mt. SJC campus to offer Menifee its first four year college.
The Menifee School District was formed in 1890 when, on March 31, 1890, William W. Snoddy gave one-and-a-half acres for the new school site on the southwest corner of Newport and Bradley Roads. This 1890 building had a spacious entry on the north, a large glass room on the west, another large room on the east and a stage in between. The Vale Union High School used this east room beginning in 1891.
The first Paloma school was located on the north side of Scott Road about one half-mile east of Briggs Road. This building was later moved east to one of the Holland places on Scott Road. In the diary of George Davenport the new Everton School is mentioned. The school was opened September 14, 1891. It is believed that the name Everton was changed to Antelope. Antelope School was used until the highway was improved to make Highway 395. The Antelope building was later moved to Briggs and Holland Roads where it fell into disrepair. No classes were held at this site. The second Paloma school was located at Garbani and Leon Roads in the early 1890s and then moved to the Antelope site. Antelope and Menifee graduates attended Perris Union High School. For a short time Antelope children attended the Menifee School on Newport until the new Menifee School on Garboni (now Garbani Road) opened in 1952.
The Menifee and Antelope School Districts unionized in December 1951 and resolved that the new school district should be called "Menifee Union Elementary School District," according to the Menifee school board minutes dated December 7, 1951.
Today, the Menifee Union School District: serves over 9500 students from preschool age through grade eight at 9 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and one preschool campus.