BOARD POSITION APPLICATION 2020
|MISSION STATEMENT: The Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to supporting and promoting local business enterprises, encouraging communication and cooperation between business and residents within the area.
TIME COMMITMENT: This is a “working” board. Each board member is expected to fully participate in the functions, programs, and projects of the MVCC. It is necessary for each board member to chair or co-chair at least one committee. The committees are responsible for many of the critical functions of the MVCC. It is estimated that each board member will devote 40 – 60 hours of work each year to their MVCC role.
BOARD COMPOSITION: 11-15 elected voting members. Of those members, the following officers are selected: Chair (1 year term), 2 Vice Chairs (1 year term), Secretary (1 year term) and Treasurer (1 year term. Approximately one third of the directors will vacate their position and another one third of new directors shall be elected for a three-year term each year.
All newly elected board members will be seated at the regular January meeting and will be announced to the General members and community during the Installation awards.
|The nominating committee will review all board member applications to determine the most appropriate candidates for the ballot. The Committee will conduct a one on one interview with each candidate. They must consider the categories of membership and geographical areas that require representation. Additionally, they must consider the value that the potential candidates can bring to the board of directors, and to the membership, based on the applicant’s background, involvement, and level of commitment.
TERM: 3 years or the remainder of an unexpired term.
MEETINGS: The Board meets the fourth Thursday of every month except November and December when meetings are held earlier in the month. In July of every year, our regular board meeting will be incorporated into the annual strategic planning meeting. Meeting times will be selected by the Board.
ATTENDANCE: Attendance at all board meetings and general membership meetings is strongly encouraged. If necessary, however, occasional absences may be approved. Additionally, board members are encouraged to attend the monthly mixers (second Wednesday of each month), occasional ribbon cuttings (as requested by members), and periodic MVCC sponsored events (Anniversary, State of the City, Installation, Oktoberfest, Golf Tournament).
FINANCIAL COMMITMENT: Board members are encouraged to support MVCC functions whenever possible.
All Board of Director Applications are due back to the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce by October 1, 2019 at 4pm
Mail: MVCC, C/O Nomination Chair, 29737 New Hub Dr Ste 102, Menifee, CA 92586
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Application Here
Business Nominations and Chamber Member of the Year 2020
Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for 2020 Business of the Year! We will be holding our Annual Installation and Business Awards Gala on TBD.
Awards Criteria, Eligibility, and Nomination Procedure
*A business who has developed an outstanding growing business and has overcome adversity, designed an innovative product(s), created jobs, increased sales and profits, and contributed to the Menifee Community.
*A Chamber Member of the Year has contributed to the Chamber and other organizations. Someone who exemplifies
service and volunteerism in the community and provides services above and beyond the scope of which has
made a significant impact in our community.
- SMALL BUSINESS/HOME BASED BUSINESS (1-5) EMPLOYEES
- MEDIUM BUSINESS (6-10) EMPLOYEES
- BIG BUSINESS (11+) EMPLOYEES
- NON-PROFIT OF THE YEAR
- Chamber Member of the Year
*Independent Contractors are not considered employees
- A nominee must a member in good standing with the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce for One (1) Year or more
- Current Award winners are not eligible to win a consecutive year
- Business Categories are broken down by Number of Employees
- Chamber Member of the Year must be a member of the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Chamber Member of the Year must be 21 years or older
- Members of the Menifee Valley Chamber are eligible to nominate businesses
- Business Members can nominate themselves
- A nomination form must be submitted for each nominee
- All nominations must be received by the Menifee Valley Chamber by October 1, 2019 at 4pm
- Nominees will be contacted and must complete a noimation package by October 30, 2019 at 4pm
Nomination packages will be judged by three (3) out of the area independent third parties.
Recognition of Nominees:
- Nominees will be recognized at the Regional Economic Impact Breakfast on October 18, 2019
- Awards will be presented at MVCC 42 nd Annual Installation and Business Awards Gala TBD
Download Form Here