As the coronavirus continues to spread both globally, and within the United States, the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce is here for you. At the Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce, the health and well-being of our membership, community and staff is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our membership, community and staff.
The Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce will be postponing all meetings and events until further notice. We understand that this may cause some inconveniences. However, we want to make sure we are good stewards of our membership, community and staff. We feel that these measures are in the best interest of all involved at this time.
The US Chamber of Commerce’s CEO, Mr. Tom Donohue, stated “While concerns are certainly understandable, America’s response must be grounded in facts, not driven by fear. Now is the time to listen to experts, to stay informed, and to take reasonable measures to prepare. Now is not the time to panic”.
Healthy habits to help prevent the coronavirus (COVID-19)
· Avoid close contact
· Stay home when you are sick
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and/or mouth
· Cover your mouth and nose· Clean your hands
· Practice other good health habits
· Follow CDC’s recommendations for using facemask This information has been sourced from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
Below are additional resources
• GO-Biz COVID-19 Page: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
(includes links to support for employers and employees who are susceptible to the virus’ disruption)
· Employment Development Department: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
• The Governor’s Office announcement last night includes an added list of resources and guidance:
Thank you for your continued support,
The Menifee Valley Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors