- Switzerland Bans Unnamed Former Bank CEO Over Insider Trading January 24, 2020The Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority said the chief executive used information received on the job and shared inside information with others for share trades, breaking internal rules and supervisory law.
- European Stocks Rally on Optimism About Economy January 24, 2020European stocks rose as fresh economic data signaling a halt to the slowdown in the German manufacturing sector buoyed investors’ sentiment.
- Deutsche Bank Appoints Former German Foreign Minister to Board January 24, 2020Deutsche Bank said that it has picked Sigmar Gabriel, a former minister in German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government, to join its board, after the appointment of another nominee fell through.
- Stocks to Watch: Intel, American Express, Inovio January 24, 2020Intel, Broadcom, American Express and Inovio are among the companies with shares expected to trade actively in Friday’s session.
- Transport Stocks Are Still Flashing Warning Signals January 24, 2020Transportation stocks haven’t hit a new high in 16 months, a potentially ominous sign for investors betting on a pickup in global growth.
- American Express Profit Falls, Revenue Increases January 24, 2020The credit-card company’s fourth-quarter profit declined from a year ago but its revenue increased.
- Online Brokers Go From Zero to Hero January 24, 2020The zero-commission trend has led online brokerage customers to trade more and park more cash.
- The Stock Market Where Family Succession Still Matters January 24, 2020South Korea’s corporate world is a family affair. Investors betting on rapid change to the old ways may end up disappointed.
- Consumer Giants Are Struggling to Slim Down January 24, 2020The fastest way for consumer-product manufacturers to improve sales growth—their No. 1 priority—is to unload unfashionable brands that are dragging down their performance. So it is a puzzle why they are selling so little.
- No, Tesla Isn't Bigger Than Volkswagen January 24, 2020But its stock price reflects that unlike the industry leader or GM, Elon Musk’s car maker has little to lose in the journey to a greener future.
- Menifee’s first major hotel — a $14 million, four-story project — set to open in late summer January 24, 2020The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott will be near restaurants, a planned entertainment center and the future city hall
- Fire causes $150,000 damage to Banning jail January 24, 2020The blaze was in a storage room at Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility. No one was reported injured, the Sheriff's Department said.
- SEIU members ratify four-year contract with Riverside County January 24, 2020The deal affecting 7,400 employees will go to the Riverside County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, Jan. 28
- Coroner identifies victims of deadly plane crash at Corona airport January 24, 2020The plane went down shortly after noon Wednesday
- Dry January raises concerns about a more intense wildfire season January 24, 2020This should be Southern California's rainy season. The lack of precipitation could lead to more grass fires this spring and summer.
- 22-year sentence ends Riverside MySpace murder case January 24, 2020William Sotelo was the last defendant sought in the 2006 slaying of Crystal Theobald.
- Person threatening to jump shuts down traffic on northbound 15 Freeway in Temecula January 24, 2020Southbound traffic was moving slowly.
- Ex-employee at Wildomar church pleads not guilty in sex abuse case January 24, 2020Detectives were investigating another church employee for alleged sexual abuse in 2018 when Laverne Paul Fox's alleged victim came forward.
- Three teens killed in Temescal Valley crash were ‘inseparable’ January 23, 2020The three 16-year-old friends, all athletes, attended a small Christian school through eighth grade
- Arraignment of Temescal Valley man who faces triple murder charges postponed January 23, 2020Anurag Chandra's next court date is scheduled for Feb. 21.
- FHA Commissioner Montgomery, leave down payment assistance alone January 23, 2020The agency is seeking to curb programs that help lower-income and minority residents become homeowners.
- Former Wells Fargo CEO fined $17.5M for sales scandal January 23, 2020Wells Fargo, which has cycled through two permanent CEOs and a host of interim ones since the scandal occurred, agreed with the OCC’s decision.
- Bubble Watch: California business growth slows by half in a year January 23, 2020The third quarter's modest advance marked the 38th consecutive quarter of positive growth and 29th straight three-month period with economic growth exceeding the rest of the nation.
- Santa Ana approves $90 million apartment project after residents launch legal challenge January 23, 2020A residents' group has filed a lawsuit to prevent construction of the 2525 apartment project. Meanwhile, neighborhood groups pledge a referendum drive.
- UC, 8,000 service workers reach tentative contract deal January 23, 2020The agreement includes wage increases and benefit protections as well as enforceable limits on the school’s ability to outsource service jobs to lower-wage private contractors.
- Boeing’s new CEO sees 737 Max production resuming in spring January 22, 2020David Calhoun dismissed the idea that Boeing’s best-selling jet might never fly again or that the company should change the plane’s name.
- Tesla passes $100 billion, teeing up big payout for Musk January 22, 2020Elon Musk could get stock options that are worth stock option package that’s worth close to $400 million.
- Bed Bath & Beyond closes 4 Southern California stores, plans to shutter 36 more locations January 22, 2020It's unknown how many jobs would be lost as a result of the Southern California store closures.
- Southern California home price sets record high as Orange County hits $732,750 January 22, 2020Despite tight inventory, sales rose in six SoCal counties while prices rose in five.
- Not just California: US home supply hits record low January 22, 2020The nation's 3 months’ supply of single-family houses for sale is the lowest level since the Realtors began tracking the number in 1982.
Our Facebook Feed
Menifee Valley Chamber shared a post — at The Shella Foundation.
1 day ago
Congratulations to The Shella Care Foundation for 15 years in Business & Thank you for supporting your local Menifee Chamber!! We truly appreciate everything you do for us and our community here in the City of Menifee! #MVCC2020 ... See MoreSee Less